Egg Buritto With Spinach & Cottage Cheese
Give a delicate nutty twist to your morning organic eggs with this recipe low in fat, full of high-quality protein and excellent source of nutrients. Pine nuts are sweet in flavour, gluten free and calorie-rich, meaning you’ll be full of energy while the mono-unsaturated fatty acid helps lower down bad cholesterol in blood. Also loaded with good things for every part of your body, as spinaches are high in niacin and zinc, protein, fiber, vitamins A, B6, C, E and K, calcium, iron, magnesium…and the list goes on and on.
- 6 Eggs free range
- 4 pieces Spring onion
- 3 tomatoes
- 100 grams Spinach
- 30 grams Cottage cheese
- 30 grams Pine nuts
- Olive oil
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper, bet well.
- In a small frying pan, on low-medium heat, pour 1 tsp of olive oil and add half of eggs mixture. Cook until egg sets and reserve in a plate, covered it to keep it warm.
- Set a frying pan to medium heat and add 2 tsp of olive oil.
- Chop spring onions finely and tomatoes in small cubes and toss into hot pan, then add pine nuts and keep mixing around for 2 minutes.
- Incorporate the spinach and once looking wilted season with salt and black pepper. In the last 30 seconds add cottage cheese and mix well.
- Stuff in the omelette and roll in a burrito style