Meatloaf with Green Beans
“Nutrition And You” about Green beans:
Fresh green beans are very low in calories (31 caloriess per 100 g of raw bean pods) and contain no saturated fat. Nevertheless, these lean pod vegetables are a very good source of vitamins, minerals, and plant derived micronutrients.
The beans are very rich source of dietary fiber (9% per 100g RDA) which acts as a bulk laxative. Fiber helps to protect mucousa in the colon by decreasing its exposure time to toxic substances as well as by binding to cancer-causing chemicals in the gut. Adequate amount of fiber has also been shown to reduce blood cholesterol levels by decreasing reabsorption of cholesterol-binding bile acids in the colon.
Green beans contain excellent levels of vitamin A, and health promoting flavonoid poly phenolic antioxidants such as lutein, zea-xanthin and ÃŸ-carotene in good amounts. These compounds help act as protective scavengers against oxygen-derived free radicals and reactive oxygen species (ROS) that play a role in aging and various disease processes.
- 1 Onion
- 1 Carrot
- ½ pound Ground Beef
- 2 Tomatoes
- ½ pound Green Beans
- 1 cup Water
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Slice the onions and carrots, put them in frying pot and slow cook on quiet heat with olive oil and a little salt.
- Add the meat and fry, stirring constantly.
- When fried, add black pepper, oregano and grated tomatoes and cook another 5 minutes.
- In another pot pour beans with water and salt to boil.
- When water disappears, add grated tomato and cook for a while.
- You can decorated it with rucola leaves, cherry tomatoes, mustard or any other sauce.